• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2017 Publish Crashes Every Time

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded from FM12 to FM 2017 with intent to utlize some of the new HTML publishing features. I have been publishing content from DITA source to HTML5 from FM12 successfully for some time now.

In FM 2017, I have a very basic DITA Bookmap with only 2 short topics as a simple test setup. Every time I try to publish anything to HTML5 or simple HTML, FM has a hard crash and generates no output.

I tried these same files on my other machine that hasn't been upgraded yet and they publish just fine.

Any idea why FM2017 is crashing every time (100% without fail) I click Publish? Is there some step I'm missing in FM2017? This is a brand new, clean installation and all available updates have been installed.

Thank you in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

I think I may have figured out what is causing the crashes. I am using the DITA-FMx extension and FM doesn't seem to be able to get from DITA map to HTML5 when this extension is enabled. If I disable DITA-FMx or if I build the FM binary book files before trying to Publish, it seems to get through the publishing process without crashing. I'm in contact with the developed and Adobe tech support about the issue. Hopefully there will be a long-term solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I may have figured out what is causing the crashes. I am using the DITA-FMx extension and FM doesn't seem to be able to get from DITA map to HTML5 when this extension is enabled. If I disable DITA-FMx or if I build the FM binary book files before trying to Publish, it seems to get through the publishing process without crashing. I'm in contact with the developed and Adobe tech support about the issue. Hopefully there will be a long-term solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines