Highlighted

FM 2017 Trial Version, Responsive HTML 5 locks at Post processing step

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm evaluating FrameMaker 2017 via Trial Version. We're currently on v11. The goal is to use the HTML 5 output to replace or add in conjunction with our PDF output for a large process manual. I can process and complete a small book contain 5 files, but when I try to run anything more, it locks up at the "post processing..." step. I found the working temp folder and it appears to convert all images and Framemaker files, but the job will not complete even when left running overnight. There is plenty of RAM and hard drive space available on the pc while it is running. Is there a limitation to the number of files that can be processed in the trial version? If not, are there settings that I can change to help it finish?

Thanks,

JH

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Coatsworth | Adobe Community Professional

No limits on the trial - it's the same software as the "real" version - just make sure that you apply all the patches to it - fresh downloading only gives you the initial release of FM2017.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FM 2017 Trial Version, Responsive HTML 5 locks at Post processing step

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm evaluating FrameMaker 2017 via Trial Version. We're currently on v11. The goal is to use the HTML 5 output to replace or add in conjunction with our PDF output for a large process manual. I can process and complete a small book contain 5 files, but when I try to run anything more, it locks up at the "post processing..." step. I found the working temp folder and it appears to convert all images and Framemaker files, but the job will not complete even when left running overnight. There is plenty of RAM and hard drive space available on the pc while it is running. Is there a limitation to the number of files that can be processed in the trial version? If not, are there settings that I can change to help it finish?

Thanks,

JH

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Coatsworth | Adobe Community Professional

No limits on the trial - it's the same software as the "real" version - just make sure that you apply all the patches to it - fresh downloading only gives you the initial release of FM2017.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have an image causing it to crash.

After updating to 14.0.3,

Save a backup version of the project, then split the project into halves and process halves until you identify the offending image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both answers were correct. Updating to the latest version 14.0.3 resolved the issue. It generated the entire document set first try.

Thanks for your help.

JH

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 0