Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2019 crashes / locks up

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

We are using 64-bit FrameMaker 2019 v13.0.5.547 (second update applied).

FrameMaker locks up constantly - it just stops and becomes non-responsive. Nothing pops up to say that FrameMaker stopped working, or any other notification. I have to manually shut it down.

I thought it was just when I tried to create a .pdf, but most recently it happened when I was scrolling through a .fm document.

I looked through the forum and saw a few variations of this, but nothing that offered a solution. If there is one, please point me to that string and I'll close this one.

Thank you for any input or guidance you can give.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, I was looking at the wrong information. We are using:

15.0.2.503 with second update applies.

Also, the application grays out, "Not Responding" displays at the top of the screen, and the cursor spins continually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's unfortunate!

When Fm starts misbehaving, one easy thing you can do is to rename the Preferences folder, forcing Fm to recreate a new copy of pref files. While it's not guaranteed to solve your problem, it takes less than 5 minutes to rule out Prefs as your problem.

Here's a detailed overview, https://techcommtools.com/find-framemaker-preference-folder/

https://techcommtools.com/find-framemaker-preference-folder/

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just solved my Character Palette/Hex Input option, as well as a weird Windows Application Error I was getting when I closed Frame at the end of a day. As shown. Thanks for that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How great is that?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'll take a look at the link and give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines