• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2019: Korean text typing problem

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no changes in FM 2019 settings (configuration), just using default FM 2019 settings.

FM 2019 version 15.0.6.956

When opening DITA Topic template and typing text in Korean, I cannot type Korean text properly and, Korean texts are changed to question marks abruptly.

capture.jpg

If you click the following link, you can see or download the video clip, which I recorded the happening.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Csfs67O2I06HePcBGzLmJyaVIcTlJxs-/view?usp=sharing 

Please, help me.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lion_techpub ,

Hope you are doing good.

Regarding your query, The behaviour is happening because the EDD Rules are getting applied at that moment.

According to the DITA Template, the default font is Calibri. Since it doesn't support Korean Glyphs, the Glyphs are getting replaced as ?.

If you are certain that the Authoring has to be done in Korean throughout the document, You may have to replace the Calibri font with a font that contains Korean Glyphs (like Batang Font) in DITA Templates.

Please note that it can be done conveniently with the help of Fonts Panel (View > Panels > Fonts...) where there is an option to replace the font family.

Hope it helps,

Kunal Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kunal

Regarding DITA template, I did what you told, and changed default Korean font of Windows 10, which is Malgun Gothic.

Then, question mark change problem has been fixed. It's great.

Unfortunately, when typing in Korean, key-in delay issue comes up.

Can you look into this issue?

For your informtion, I'm using Korean locale Windows 10 and FrameMaker 2019 (15.0.6.956).

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

xml view.pngWYSIWYG view.png

xml view

It's kind of slow, but okay to type letters.

WYSIWYG view

very very slow, it's hard to type letters correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines