Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fm 2019 startet nicht mehr nach Absturz

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

FrameMaker 2019 (64bit, strukturiert) ist abgestürzt, was vorher schon hin und wieder vorgekommen ist, insbesondere wenn man in der Betriebsart "Strukturiert" eine unstrukturierte Datei öffnet und dann etwas in eine strukturierte Datei hinüber kopiert.

Was neu ist: Fm startet nicht mehr, das Startfenster erscheint zwar kurz, aber nur bis beim Fortschritt "Doc Preferences" angezeigt wird. Hat jemand eine Idee außer neu installieren?

Beste Grüße.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming your c:\users\user_name\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Linguistics\ folder & restart FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I´m sorry, but that didn´t help.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try renaming this one - C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did one of Jeff's tips work?

When did your issue start? Did you install anything else? Any anti-virus software?

Otherwise please contact the Adobe support: tcssup@adobe.com 

They should help.

When you have any bugs, please report them in the Adobe tracker: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home 

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

no, thanks for the tips, but they didn´t work.

It turned out, that FM only crashes during startup, if a VPN connection is established, without a VPN connection, it starts normal.

The weird thing is, that I´m in my sixth week in home office and up to now it worked without problems.

I´m in contact with Adobe support to resolve this problem.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had contact to the adobe help chat (wasn´t quite sure if it´s a chat bot...) who suggested to create a new user with administrative rights and try this, what didn´t help at all - FM didn´t start at all with this user.

Finally he (I think it was a he) suggested to deinstall all Adobe products and run an Adobe cleaning tool and then reinstall... which I didn´t try.

Then, later, FM crashed during normal operation. I sent the dump file to fmerror@adobe.com what is automatically suggested in such cases.

It didn´t take long that a friendly indian emailed me the following receipt that pretty much resembles Jeffs recommendation:

Thank you for contacting Adobe. Could you please try re-creating the preferences of Adobe Framemaker 2019 and let me know if it works.

Below are the steps to recreate preference.

• Close FM 2019.
  • Navigate to "C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Framemaker" and rename the FrameMaker version folder to something else for e.g. 15 to 15_old
  • Clean the “temp” folder which is located at ‘C:\Users\user profile\AppData\Local\Temp’.
  • Launch FM and check the issue.

This time it worked. Although I switched back to my old "15" folder, FM still starts and runs stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines