• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM content displaying out of order when MIF is viewed in Notepad

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having issues when exporting FM (2015) files to MIF in that when the MIF is viewed in Notepad the content is displayed out of order with how it appears in the FM file (i.e. text that appears towards the end of the document in the FM file appears at the beginning of the MIF). How does a MIF determine where within the file content is displayed (i.e. by style, time of insertion, etc)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since MIF is the representation of a FM binary file, I wouldn't expect it to be laid out in any straight-forward manner. Search around - there's lots of material on reading MIF files out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The main text flow of your document is in natural order between the

<TextFlow
> # end of TextFlow

tags at the bottom of the MIF. This is usually a very small part of the overall MIF, which spends most of its bytes defining things called for in that flow.

99% of FM users do not need to ever look at MIF, much less muck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines