Highlighted

FM fontlist includes 'hidden' fonts

Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have some 1000 font files on my system - mostly stored away because they belong to specific customers.

There are, however, fonts in the Windows/Fonts directory which I will not use in my lifetime and hence I wanted to get rid of them.

I could not move many of them into a safe location, but most fo them I could apply the attribute hidden.

(From the Adobe fonts in the FM directory I have only activated a few - the others are 'stored away').

However, these hidden fonts are also listed in the FM-font list (Formt > Fonts), for example Ebrima and Estrangelo Edessa.

I have noticed that these hidden fonts also appear in my MS-Office applications (version 2003).

My System is Windows 7 SP1.

Do You have any ideas how to shorten the font list further?

Klaus Daube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FM fontlist includes 'hidden' fonts

Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have some 1000 font files on my system - mostly stored away because they belong to specific customers.

There are, however, fonts in the Windows/Fonts directory which I will not use in my lifetime and hence I wanted to get rid of them.

I could not move many of them into a safe location, but most fo them I could apply the attribute hidden.

(From the Adobe fonts in the FM directory I have only activated a few - the others are 'stored away').

However, these hidden fonts are also listed in the FM-font list (Formt > Fonts), for example Ebrima and Estrangelo Edessa.

I have noticed that these hidden fonts also appear in my MS-Office applications (version 2003).

My System is Windows 7 SP1.

Do You have any ideas how to shorten the font list further?

Klaus Daube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 25, 2016 0

Have something to add?