Highlighted

FM Structured (not XML): losing text insertion points when charts stacked too close.

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working a document comprised of many page-width charts separated only by 2-3 empty lines.

While adjusting spacing on the page, at times I remove too many empty lines between charts, to where there remains only a single empty line between them.

The makes the page look very neat but sadly removes any insertion point from within that single empty line, thereby barring me from re-entering another empty space or two between the charts if I desire.

I have tried insertion point placement shortcuts to no avail.

To illustrate, when the cursor is located above the whole mess, then "Beginning of the next paragraph" shortcut is employed, the cursor jumps past both 'joined' charts.

From that point on, the cursor only hops to before the first chart or after the second chart, and I no longer have control of the spacing between the two charts.

Any suggestions?  Thank you for your time.

example joined charts.JPG

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FM Structured (not XML): losing text insertion points when charts stacked too close.

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working a document comprised of many page-width charts separated only by 2-3 empty lines.

While adjusting spacing on the page, at times I remove too many empty lines between charts, to where there remains only a single empty line between them.

The makes the page look very neat but sadly removes any insertion point from within that single empty line, thereby barring me from re-entering another empty space or two between the charts if I desire.

I have tried insertion point placement shortcuts to no avail.

To illustrate, when the cursor is located above the whole mess, then "Beginning of the next paragraph" shortcut is employed, the cursor jumps past both 'joined' charts.

From that point on, the cursor only hops to before the first chart or after the second chart, and I no longer have control of the spacing between the two charts.

Any suggestions?  Thank you for your time.

example joined charts.JPG

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2015 0
Contributor ,
Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that both tables are anchored on the line that yu have annotated as "Cursor location is either here...". That line ends wiht the anchor for the first table, followed by the anchor for the second table.

Put the cursor on this line. Press the End key to move the cursor to the end of the line. Then hold down the Shift key and press the Left arrow key to select the final chanracter on the line. If your second table is selected, I'm right.

Viewing text symbols would help you to see where there are anchor points.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2015 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mike-Hardy, but this remains intractable, unless I'm misunderstanding your instructions?

Cursor placed at Insertion Point after "FACILITIES".

Pressing END does not move the cursor,

Also no result from the rest of procedures.

insertion point before chart.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2015 0