FM won't save modification I make to Settings file

New Here ,
May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working with my settings file for an HTML5 output, I wanted to make a few basic changes to the template layout (font/header color). I output to test the changes, and nothing changed.

I went back in, made the changes again, and then opened these settings to see if they "took," and the options displayed the default settings.

Any ideas for what is blocking my modifications from saving?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Permissions on your c:\ drive?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My permissions are set to Full Control.

(I have been able to make minor changes within the Outputs tab (and for Style Mapping), but cannot modify Manage Layout at all.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Matt's advice would help - http://techcommtools.com/formatting-branding-html5-content-framemaker-2015/ ? I don't play with the settings much in FM.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol, can you share a screenshot of the settings you're trying to save?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt! One of two screenshots...

outputHeader.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OutputLayout.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the shots.

Something odd is happening. In my experience, these will save with the document, and can be saved to an STS file via the Edit dialog.

Can you provide a shot of the Publish pod?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking a look.

I'll upload my publish pod, but I'm blurring the book name/.sts since it lists the product. If you need to view the pod without blurring, which I assume you do, I can send the shot directly to you.

(I also tried moving my .sts file to my desktop, wondering if the directory was causing an issue; no difference)

publishpod.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I was just making sure you understood the 3 options you blurred out!!

I find it's easy to choose the wrong source, and especially easy to choose the wrong STS file in the settings box.

If you're sure you are using the right files, open a bug report at adobe.com/go/wish.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't mention what FM version you're running, but have you made sure that you're all patched up?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
carolt18271712 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have a subscription for the current version, and I have made sure I've got all the updates.

Thanks to you and Matt for trying to figure this one out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines