Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM10 V FM2019

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In FM10 my predecessor had a way of making an LOEP which clearly showed, in table form, each section with pages and their current revision (not all pages change revision which I find weird).

I know not how this was done.

My question is if we use FM2019 and import the word file over the entire existing FM file (from FM10) file will the system still be able to keep track of what changed and what did not?

Thanks

TOPICS
Content migration , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neave:

If you convert the Fm10 book and chapter files to 2019 (by opening the book file and all of the chapters, and saving them), the old LOEP should still work.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb,

the problem is I've zero idea how it actually worked....  I'm guessing after conversion I would then have to make the necessary amendments to the necessary pages and hope the LOEP keeps up!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I give a rough outline of how an LOEP/LOP works here: https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-how-to-create-a-list-of-effective-pages/. It's a complicated process but once it's set up, I don't know why it would stop working, even after an upgrade to a newer version. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines