• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM11: Anchored frame within table cell is obscuring table border.

Engaged ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a table with two columns.

In column 2 I have a bulleted list.

At the end of a bullet in the list I place an anchored frame that is positioned 'Below Current Line'.

I want the anchored frame to extend to the left so that it lays 'over' columns 1 and 2 (I will have a text frame within the anchored frame, and a table inside that text frame, but to simplify this question, the contents of the anchored frame are irrelevant).

If I align Left, the anchored frame 'snaps' to the separator between columns 1 and 2, which is no good because I need to extend over into column 1. (Note: the separator is visible.)

If I align Right, the frame 'snaps' to the right edge of column 2, and the edge no longer appears (hidden by the frame). I can't figure out any way to make it not obscured (have played with all the anchored frame/object settings, but can't find a solution.)

Now.... if I align Center, the anchored frame is centered in column 2. If I then stretch the frame all the way to the left edge of column 2 (or as far into column 2 as I need), the right edge of the frame extends waaaaay past the right edge of column 2. If I then change the anchored frames Object Properties (Fill) so that no Pattern is selected, the right edge of column 2 appears.

Thus... I can then position my text frame within the anchored frame, and make it work, but it seems weird (wrong) to have to make the frame extend off the page on the right side to make this work.

Is there a cleaner method that I can use?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the "Outside of Column" setting for the AFrame. Adjust the position using offset to get the oiverlay as required. Note: you can enter negative values also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines