Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM12 Publishing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

When I generate help from FM12 using the Publish option for different languages, the meta data keywords having special characters get removed from the generated output.

Example: Administração of Portuguese becomes Administrao in the generated html5 help output.

Can anyone help me to resolve this.

Thanks

Sharada

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Unfortunately this issue is in FM 2015 as well. And we are planning to fix it in next update of FM 2015.

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amit,

Thank you for responding.

But is there no alternative to this. Any patch upgrade, which can help us resolve this issue. Currently we are generating help for 4 languages out of which 2 have these special characters. Post generation, we are manually updating the HTML5 Help pages. There thousands of help pages

We recently upgraded to ATCS5, and just for this reason, i dont think our peers will agree to upgrade FM to the latest version (which you say will have this issue addressed).

Really appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks

Sharada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have fixed this issue in the latest patch.

Help > Updates to update your product to the latest patch. Do let us know if this has been fixed to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amit,

I really appreciate for getting this issue fixed in ATCS5 as well. I currently have FM 12.0.4.445.

However, the special characters are still getting removed.

Actual (please note special character ü is robbed):

<meta content="Prfung verwalten, Prfung verknpfen"name="search-keywords" />

Expected:

<meta content="Prüfung verwalten, Prüfung verknüpfen"name="search-keywords" />

thanks once again, please let me know if there are any changes that i must to get the patch changes updated in my Framemaker.

Thanks

Sharada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines