• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM19 freezes as soon as we open old FM7 files. In FM17 it didn't happen at all

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've never had any problems with opening FM7 files in any previsous FM version. Now FM19 crashes as soon as we open files form a customer who's still working with very old FM file formats.

We cannot scroll to the next page. FM freezes after a few sconds. The customer itself can migrate its files in its environment without any problems?

What's wrong with our installation? Is there any setting we can change so this doesn't happen any more.

Regards Uwe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

It's solved! Removing the font from the windows/fonts folder and reinstalling it helped. No everythin is fine.

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

Can you explain your problem in more detail?

Does FM freeze also when you just open the file and do nothing? Or only when you want to go to the next page? What's on this page? Any graphics?

What happens, when you hide all graphics (View | Options)?

Can you skip the next page and jump to a page after this problem page? (Enter the page number in the small page number text field at the bottom of the FrameMaker window.)

When you can open the file, can you do a MIF wash? Save as MIF, open the MIF with FrameMaker, save as FM, then open this FM and work with this file.

Do you have the latest update: 15.0.6.956?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, Winfried!

We have installed the latest update 15.0.6.956. The files have grafics incorporated. But I think we're getting closer to the problem: it has nothing to do with graphics but fonts. The customer uses a corporate font. And it's exactly at those pages where FM freezes. I changed the specific font into Arial CE, and everything is fine. The file can be processed, run through etc. It's a truetype font and I reinstalled it to my windows 10 system (overwrote it twice even), but still as long as this font is used in the file, FM freezes. Can I change somethin in FM settings to let this font be accepted? Or change something in my windows fonts settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's solved! Removing the font from the windows/fonts folder and reinstalling it helped. No everythin is fine.

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it's FM7, it's before the "Unicode barrier" that FM went through in version 8. You will probably have to do a font substitition in your maker.ini to swap it out for a newer font that matches. @Bob Niland probably has more experience with this sort of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines