• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM2015 - Responsive HTML5 - Anchored frames in conditions don't align properly

Engaged ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document (well, many documents) that includes print-quality images.

When publishing to html5, the images are downsampled into jpgs (that's fine), but the quality is not as good as when I create my own lower-res JPGs of the images.

So... where I have an anchored frame with a high-res image, I put it in a 'print only' conditional tag, make a copy on the next line and put the low-res image into *that* frame with an 'html only' conditional tag.

Some of these frames are in indented paragraphs, some are not. I want the frames to follow the indentation level. I found that I needed to set the frame to be 'At Insertion Point' (if I used 'Below Current Line', I had to use specify alignment (left / right/ closest to binding/ farthest from binding), which are not appropriate).

However, when I mark the paragraph (with the frame) as conditional ('html only') and publish, the image *right justifies* on the web page instead of left justifying at the indentation point (e.g. on a non-indented paragraph format, image should align at left edge of text frame. On an indented paragraph format, image should align at the left indentation point).

Am I misunderstanding how to do this? Any solutions?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the images behave if you create a PDF with each of the conditional text options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, pdf is no problem (just verified right now to be sure 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully patched up? Behaves the same or correctly if you do WebHelp output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there's an update for Frame available. Unfortunately, it failed when I tried to install it. Argh.

Error report -- not found.

I'll check back in when I manage to get it installed 😞

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original system - Windows 7

Just tried on another system (Windows 8), with latest update (update 5).

Same problem occurs.

Generated WebHelp - same problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @jaggedpeak,

I was trying to reproduce the same but i could't.  can you please just share the file set for that your are facing this problem. This will be very helpful for us to understand and  fix this problem.

you can reach out to me-

Email:- dgoutam@adobe.com

Thanks &  Regards,

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update - Deepak was able to reproduce the problem with the files I supplied. So, it's being looked into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get a fix for this problem? I'm generating HTML5 from FrameMaker 2015 and see the same thing. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same problem, was a solution ever found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines