Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM2015/Win10: cannot save as MIF

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm using FM2015 (13.05.547) on a Windows 10 laptop. I have 2 laptops, actually, both with same version of FM and both Win10, both with same problem.

The problem:  current project is a book updated from FM12 to FM2015 via open book and all files in book in 2015 and save all files.  The Save As option on the File menu is disabled in all FM files in this book on both laptops.  FM2015 crashes when I try to Update Book, whether all the.fm  files are opened or if it's just the .book file open.  I have verified there are no unresolved cross-references.  So, the first thing I would want to do is roundtrip through MIF to clean things up a bit -- but I can't, because Save As isn't available.

I want to upload sample files, but I don't see how to do so in this interface.

If you have insight, please email me directly at rene.stephenson@virtustream.com, I'll send you the sample.

Thanks for your help!

Rene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a regular part of my workflow (updating old books to new versions) so here is what I do specifically:

1. Protect the original files:
    1. Duplicate the old project folder
    2. Rename the new folder with the current project name
  2. Update the files:
    1. Open the .book file in the new project folder
    2. In the book window, Shift + Open all files in book*
    3. In the book window, Shift + Save all files in book**
    4. In the book window, Shift + Close all files in book

* depending on the complexity of the files and the computer that you are working on, this has the potential to not work (aka crash), but it has always worked fine for me.

** just saving updates the version. If save as is unavailable, just save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I did that before saving the files initially.  I still have the old unchanged files, but that doesn't matter. The new project files have had weeks of work updating, so the old files are completely irrelevant.

The problem is, I need to save as MIF.  Choosing Save just updates the .FM or .BOOK file; it doesn't create a MIF version.

Thanks, but this answer doesn't address the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines