• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM2017 Publish to Mobile App fails to fully generate output and upload to PhoneGap Build Server

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running FrameMaker2017 on a Win 7 Service Pack 1 Desktop PC, I tried Publishing for Mobile Document (Android) Output - FM2017 fails when generating Mobile app output and uploading it to the Phone Gap Build server (my Phone Gap Build account is validated); I reported this issue to Adobe Technical Support, who tested the Publish to Mobile app feature on THEIR system and got the same result; I am awaiting their response.

As an alternative, I ran FM2017 on a Win 10 Enterprise laptop & tried generating Mobile app output of Adobe’s included sample Personal Spaceship book for Android. Responsive HTML5 output was perfect, but again, FM2017 runs remarkably slowly without fully generating Mobile app output and uploading it to the Phone Gap Build Server. I also tried running FM2015 on a Win 10 Enterprise laptop & publishing the same project to Mobile App output, which caused FM2015 to crash twice. (The Distiller version is Acrobat Distiller XI Professional Version 11.0.2017.)

Has anyone else run into this? Thank You for any comments and suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ran,

I'm able to process the UserGuide (English) sample files using the supplied .sts file in Samples directory.

I'm able to verify my PhoneGap Build account, and it uploads.

Hopefully Adobe can help you track down the inability to transfer the files to PhoneGap successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran, please try to upload a necessary DLL in Fm 2015 per this Fm help topic and see if this resolves your issue.

Unable to generate Mobile App output from FrameMaker and RoboHelp

If so, we'll come up with a 2017 fix as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do (I'd looked into this issue & resolution previously, but held off because we aren't using RH). Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines