Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM2019 Find/Change 'clone case' not working when found text is all-caps

Engaged ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 system

Framemaker 2019 Release 15.0.5.838 (where I saw this first happen today)

Framemaker 2019 Release Version 15.0.6.956 (checked for updates, found this one, applied, problem still occurs)

Problem: The 'clone case' option in Find/Change is not working properly when the text being found is in all-caps.

In the sequence of screenshots below, I did three 'find' operations for different words.

Both the 'find' and 'change' values were entered in lower case.

'Clone Case' was selected.

I've highlighted the conversions that are wrong, or may be wrong (I'm not sure what the behaviour is supposed to be for those that I did in ransom-note-case :-))

But the first one highlighted in each case (ALLCAPS) is definitely converting incorrectly (alllower).

Am I misinterpreting this, or is this a known issue, or should I register it as a bug?

Thanks!

Example:

find_example.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JaggedPeak:

I played with this when you first posted, and had the same issues. This is not how I remember clone case working in earlier versions but it's been years since I needed to actually use it. I'm thinking that it is not working correctly and that it's worth reporting on Tracker.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines