FM2019 output to Responsive HTML5 - Will x-refs btwn PDF books work when output to Responsive HTML5?

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello FM community,

FM2019

I've posted recently regarding x-refs working between books. I've been able to get this to work with help of many on this forum. Now, with the same 25 book project (which up to now has only been requested in PDF output), I am being asked to create a Responsive HTML5 view of all 25 books. With cross-references intact.

In FM, if I File -> Publish first one book, then another (which contains x-refs to the first book), it does not work. The link does nothing. I'm guessing it simply cannot be done. But I'm wondering if anyone out there can suggest anything. Perhaps Robohelp is a better source program.

I may end up combining the 25 books into a single book simply to be able to produce a single Responsive HTML5 system.

Any comments are most appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Publishing, Responsive HTML5, Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest trying the "book of books" concept as an experiment - create a new .book file - call it main or master or whatever. Then add each of the 25 .book files to the new main book. You may want to create some generated files like a TOC or IX, but you don't have to (I think - I haven't seen how FM treats this concept when creating HTML5), then try publishing as HTML5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more