• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM2019: Some text appearing red when saving ditamap to .fm (compostite document 2019)

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So I have ditamaps which I save as composite document 2019 and then further create a book from the created .fm file. However, everytime I do this, some bits of text, usually lists with bullets or numbering turn red. Sometimes it's not even the whole list, but oli some bullets/numbered bits. What could be the cause? It is very annoying and laborous to change the font colour on these bits every singe time I save ditamap as composite document. Is some setting on I haven't noticed? Is there some reference set on the text I haven't noticed? I have tried to look through the menus to see what is different with these bits in comparison to the text that stays black, but haven't found anything so far.

Thanks for any tips!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

That may be happening with the list styles are beyond 3 level hierarchy. You may have to change that in EDD and template to ensure those dont come Red but instead black.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Yes, as Amitoj said, it is likely deeper nesting of list elements. Choose Structure > Structure View and look at the Structure View as you click on the red text. You will see the list item nesting there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Hi all,

Sorry for late reply. The problem seems to be that those bits turning red were inside paragraph tags of a previous sentence. Whether this meant that they were beyond 3 level hierarchy/nesting, I am not sure but sounds like it. However, I moved the lists outside the paragraph tag > they moved up in the hierarchy > no more red. So thank you for all the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be happening with the list styles are beyond 3 level hierarchy. You may have to change that in EDD and template to ensure those dont come Red but instead black.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as Amitoj said, it is likely deeper nesting of list elements. Choose Structure > Structure View and look at the Structure View as you click on the red text. You will see the list item nesting there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Sorry for late reply. The problem seems to be that those bits turning red were inside paragraph tags of a previous sentence. Whether this meant that they were beyond 3 level hierarchy/nesting, I am not sure but sounds like it. However, I moved the lists outside the paragraph tag > they moved up in the hierarchy > no more red. So thank you for all the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines