Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fm2019: stopping the Save as PDF process

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi group

I'm still not getting used to the (much too complicated) process of having to configure the PDF settings first in FrameMaker 2019 to be able to save my file as PDF. So I create a new Fm file and, from force of habit, I just choose File > Save as PDF. The process then starts and I just get to see a dialog with a progress indicator which says "Saving". But nothing else happens next and there seems to be no way to stop this process (pressing Esc, for example) other than doing CTRL+ALT+DEL and quitting FrameMaker. Or is there a way to stop this "Save as PDF" process? And is there really no other way to create PDF the good old quick & easy way? Or am I the only one who doesn't like the Publish pod?

Kudos to Rick Quatro by the way for his FREE RescuePDF script. 😉 http://frameautomation.com/framemaker-2019-where-is-my-pdf/

Cheers Yves

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yves,

As far as I know this process was corrected in update 1 or 2.

Now FrameMaker saves the PDF in the same folder as the FM or BOOK file.

Do you still see this progress indicator?

Or does it disappear? It could be that your progress indicator is behind another window on your PC. When you minimize all other windows you should get this progress indicator again. Or via ALT+TAB.

Which version do you have installed? The current version is 15.0.3.603.

Many of my issues were solved with these updates!

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winfried

I've got version 15.0.2. And yes, I'm still seeing that progress indicator; it does not disappear.

Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yves,

Did you check to minimize (or close) all other applications after FrameMaker stopped the progress indicator?

I had this issue before, and this helped.

Can you update to 15.0.3.603?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Repeating my response to the thread on the FrameUsers list:

Everytime this has happened to me, I found that my PDF settings in Print Setup had changed (without me doing it) to the High Quality Print option. If I changed it back to a joboptions like Standard, it worked.

I don't know WHY High Quality Print seems to make Frame lock up, and I don't know why the Print Setup keeps changing from what I have previously set it to use, either. It's really annoying.

Adobe did put back the Save As PDF option, and it's what I use on a regular basis along with a job options file from a previous employer because it always works, and I've never actually spent time to learn what the different settings are and what it means to change them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines