• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM2020 - missing items from Help menu

Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Help menu is supposed to provide access to the third-party plug-ins and training courses. I'd swear those items were there when I installed FM2020 yesterday, but they're not appearing now. I do have a bunch of plugins in place, but I don't think any of them affect the Help menu.

Has anyone else seen this or am I an edge case again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lin, They are visible in my copy, which may be older than yours: 16.0.0.734.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. My problem is that I copied the Unstructured Workspaces folder over form 2019 to 2020 because I wanted to keep my personalized setup. And the toolbars are, of course, the 2019 version.

I had to deinstall and remove all preferences, but those options are now back. Now to be a bit more careful about recreating the Workspace!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And they're gone again ... It's as if the options are being removed after the first time I look at the help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. They're definitetly missing from the menus.cfg file, and I have no idea why. I hadn't edited that file.

I'll try removing that file and reinstalling again to see what the installation puts in. Maybe I can save that to another directory and just add the missing information back and see if it stays.

This is so weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The missing entries are in the Help menu in the Structured FrameMaker view, but not if you switch to the FrameMaker view.

I tried copying the three .cfg files from the menus directory over from the Structured to the Unstructured view, but they still don't appear when I click Help. No idea why and I've spent enough time on this. Guess I'll report it as a bug, since it is.

I guess if I need to look at those options, I'll have to switch back to the structured view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing Lin, we will get this looked into.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did get it working. Basically, I opened the menus.cfg file from the structured directory, found the section detailing the new entries, and copied and pasted it into the three menus*.cfg files in the unstructured directory. Weirdly, just restarting FM2020 didn't work, but a restart of the machine later and I have the entries. Looks like someone just forgot to add them into the unstructured menus files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines