Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font is changed when publishing to PDF from FrameMaker 2019

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I publish a book using FrameMaker 2019 Publish PDF, my font in FrameMaker (Open Sans SemiBold) appears as Open Sans Light in the PDF and I am getting some unwanted accents on the characters in the PDF. When I switch the font back to Open Sans SemiBold in the PDF, it appears correctly. I have gone to the PDF printer on my laptop and set it to embed this font but it doesn't seem to make a difference, and I am not sure if that would have any impact on the publish engine. This seems to happen whether I Publish to PDF or Save as PDF.

Thanks!

Christy.

TOPICS
PDF output , Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

I downloaded and installed the fonts from a different website and it is working nicely now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christy ,

I hope you are on the latest update of FM2019 i.e update 4.
The issue coming isn't expected with new PDF engine, Could you just mail a sample file so that it can be looked.

Kindly mail to fmerror-reports@adobe.com or punagpal@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christy ,

I have replied to the email and recommend you to either review your fonts or try on some other system as issue is not reproducible here.
I am getting  "Open Sans SemiBold" font in my pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and installed the fonts from a different website and it is working nicely now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just a question: How do you create your PDFs? With the Distiller or via FrameMaker (in the Publish pod, setting Use Acrobat Distiller for PDF generation)?

I also use OpenSans. I do not have issues with SemiBold, but Italic is changed to Regular. However, only when I create the PDF via FrameMaker. When I use Distiller, then everything is fine.

I got my OpenSans fonts from Google: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Open+Sans?selection.family=Open+Sans

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Winfried,

The problem was happening with Publish, and Save as PDF. At that time, I didn't try distiller. I originally downloaded the font from Google but I am getting good results after downloading and installing from 1001fonts.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines