• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font size for page numbers in index

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FM 10, creating an index for a book.  I can adjust the font size for the text down to 9 points, but page numbers are stuck at 12 point.  I can make them 9 point individually, but they revert to 12 point when I save the book.  What do I need to do to get the page numbers to stay at 9 point?    The same thing happens whether I use the character or the paragraph designer. 

Earle Fox

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

In the ...IX.fm file, what are the Default Font attributes of para tag IndexIX?

Any chance they've been overridden by a Character Format or simple override to prototype element <$pagenum> on Reference Page IX?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the ...IX.fm file, what are the Default Font attributes of para tag IndexIX?

Any chance they've been overridden by a Character Format or simple override to prototype element <$pagenum> on Reference Page IX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The character designer window says that the font for the numbers is Times New Roman, 12 point, but for the word text is ariel 9 point.  It does not show a name for the character tag.

The paragraph designer window says that the font for both the numbers and word text is ariel 9 point, with "Level 1IX" for the paragraph designer. 

Nothing I do, with either the character or paragraph designers, changes the numbers from the above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines