• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font weight changing when publishing to PDF from FrameMaker 2019

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Google Noto Sans and Indian Type Foundry Poppins with FrameMaker 2019 (15.0.4.751) on Windows 10. When using Save As PDF or Publish to PDF using the new PDF engine (not distiller) the SemiBold and Light fonts are appearing as a thicker weight. Opening the PDF in Adobe Illustrator, I can see that the affected fonts have a stroke outline with a non-zero width that is making the characters appear bolder. Italic versions of the fonts in the PDF also appear to have a larger skew angle, suggesting that it is an oblique.

Using FrameMaker 2017 (14.0.4.511) on the same computer creates a PDF with the correct font weights and italics.

TOPICS
PDF output , Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. I'd recommend filing a bug report here: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/add_bug.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please drop me an email with a sample project and specific font so we can look into this issue.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Email: amitosin@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines