My PC recently crashed thanks to a Windows Upgrade and I had to reload all of my doc tools, includeing Framemaker 11 and Adobe PDF. I'm using Frame 11 and produce pdf and printing is not working now. It is probably because I didn't restore some setting after reloading my PC, but I didn't set the PC up originally so I don't know what got switched off.
The problem is for Print Book and Save as PDF, though the outcomes are different:
I'm on 18.104.22.1684 and there are no updates to install. I can get a PDF eventually by opening all of the files and using Save as PDF, but the process doens't seem as smooth as it did before my crash. Why isn't Distiller starting when I select Print Book - is there something I need to set/install?
I'm assuming nothing else can create a PDF using Acrobat too on your system? No Adobe PDF printer instance either? It's probably either the order of installation or admin rights (or a combo of the two). Standalone products or TCS? If standalone, you need to load Acrobat first, then FM, but watch that it doesn't try to install the "headless" distiller that FM ships with.
Actually, I can create PDF from Word (and other Office tools) just fine.
I ran TCS when I reinstalled my PC and selected: Frame, Adobe Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro. I don't use the rest of the Suite. I don't remember if it tried to install the headless Distiller.
If you did it as the Suite, then it should have installed it correctly. Did you install it as an admin?
No, I installed it as me. Should I uninstall and reinstall as admin?
Probably, unless "you" have full admin rights 😁
I think I do have full admin rights. But either way, I unistalled and reinstalled as Admin and opened the book I was working on yesterday. When I selected Print Book I got an internal error and Frame quit. (Internal Error 11004, 20312388, 20312682, 23056085. blah blah blah) So I don't think installing as admin helped. 🙂
After installing as admin -
Better give Support a buzz then.
I started looking at why it kept yelling at me about unavailable fonts (searched unavailalbe fonts) and found my docs were using zapf dingbats (no idea where). I replaced that font with another and now Print Book works fine. Save as PD sort of works - it prints everything and doesn't make me open the files, but it completely destroys my variables on my title page. So now I have a different issue to search for. Whee! Thanks for your help!