• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame 2017 - Bug with the "Replace Fonts" pod?

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting annoying behaviour with the "Replace Font" pod on my dual monitor Frame 2017 set up.

Firstly, I have the Fonts pod open, with a list of all the fonts in my document.

If I double-click a font in that list, it opens the "Replace Font" pod...

but then, if I drag the Replace Font pod onto my 2nd monitor (out of the way of my document), it collapses, only leaving its title bar. The only way to reopen the pod is to click the button to reduce it to an icon, then click the icon to reopen the pod again.

Is this a bug? I've tried half a dozen other pods and I can drag them onto my 2nd monitor fine, without them collapsing to their title bar only.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a bug? I've tried half a dozen other pods and I can drag them onto my 2nd monitor fine, without them collapsing to their title bar only.

Certainly sounds like it. You can report it here: Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a couple more of you folks with 2-monitor setups can replicate it, I will!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it end up looking something like this?

Font_replace_2nd_monitor.png

Unfortunately, it doesn't automatically collapse when I drag it on to my 2nd monitor. However, if I accidentally drag near the top right, I have activated the collapse icon control. Here's what I get trying to duplicate your scenario:

Font_replace_colllapse.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on leave next week so I won't be able to try this out again until the week after - I don't *think* I was dragging via the top-right, but I'll experiment and let you know when I'm finally back in front of my computer at work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis, I'm back from leave now

And no, your suggestion isn't what's happening. I'm not accidentally clicking the "collapse to icon" control.

What I get looks like this:

ReplaceFont.png

The only way I can get the pod back is to click the little "<<" button to "collapse it to an icon" so that it *does* look like your screen grab - then I can toggle the collapsed version back to full visibility again.

So no-one else can replicate this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting. We are already aware of this bug and are actively investigating it. We will provide a fix asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Stefan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines