• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame 2017 Equations Clipped in Print to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a major update to Windows 10, installed April 6 2018, printing to PDF results in clipped Frame equations. The screen shots below show (1) the view insider FrameMaker and (2) the view insider Acrobat DC.

(1)

(2)

I have Creative Cloud tools as well, in particular Acrobat DC. Running Windows 10, Version 1803, OS Build 17133.1

I had this problem a few years back when opening a document from an older version of FrameMaker in a newer version. The fix at that time was to open a new an empty document in the new version of FrameMaker and then copy all of the content from the old doc into the new document. This action would resolve the equation clipping problem. It does for me at present. In fact the example above was created in a clean document. Additionally when I directly print the document to a printer (in this case an Epson Ink Jet), the output is find, no equation clipping.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you roll back the Windows 10 update, does it fix the issue? That info would give Adobe something to work with when you report it to them - if it doesn't have any impact, then you can rule out the Win10 version as a culprit. Another test you might try is to make sure both FM and Acrobat are completely up to date and then try again. You could also have a look at your Adobe PDF settings - maybe something in the joboptions is causing this effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thanks for your suggestions. I do have the latest updates to FrameMaker 2017 and Acrobat DC installed. Since I am part of the Windows Insider Program I automatically got the version 1803 of Windows 10 sent to me. I though I was putting an ordinary patch on my system, not this major update. So, I am now seriously thinking about rolling back this machine. I fortunately do have a MacBook Pro with an older version of Windows 10 running under VMware Fusion to fall back to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking advice above I backed up data and moved to my MacBook pro running Win10 version 1709 under Fusion and all is well, except I have to use RGB as opposed to CMYK to avoid equation clipping. Note this system has also been working OK, just realizing that my recipe here is still good to go.

Back on the newest WIN10 version 1803 machine, I will either rollback or standby to see if something resolves outside the FrameMaker domain, i.e., Microsoft or Acrobat DC drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem with FM10, not being able to print at all in RGB, because of the same Windows 1803 update.

The workaround, as described in another post on the Adobe forum, is to switch to CMYK - Frame 2017 cannot print to PDF or PS or Printer as of April 6, 2018

It somewhat does the work (i.e. I can generate PDFs), but all the docs are now pale and washed out because of the CMYK profile...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

razlivintz,

Thanks for the comments. I am the one who started the other post on not being able to print at all following the Win10 version 1803 update. I later discovered with the help of Matt at Tech Comm Tools, that while the CMYK option does allow PDF printing with Win10 version 1803, equations get clipped. To avoid the clipping each affected equation needs to have its bounding box manually adjusted by trial and error to resolve the clipping issue.

I later discovered that on older Win10 systems (for me version 1709) that RGB printing to PDF seems to be the only way to print to PDF without having the equation clipping problem.

Mark Wickert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark,

Just got to the other post and noticed you are the author

The manually adjustment of the equations sounds like a killer - fortunately for me I don't have to deal with this, just the RGB.

I'll try the roll back to 1709 and let you know how things are.

Thanks,

Razvan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Do any of you have an update on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back to 1709 will gain you some time, but there have been reports of 1709 KB's that also damaged FM's ability to do things. They (MS) are working on getting a solution released soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Just to update you on the issue with Win 10, version 1803.

With Win 10 (1803)

1. File -> Save as PDF , RGB option selected is not working

2. File -> Save as PDF, CMYK option selected is working

3. File -> Print option is not working.

We have isolated the cause of problem and it is related to "Printer Escape Function" which seems broken with version 1803. We have reported on this issue to Microsoft and working with our Partners team to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the interim, only workaround would be to move back to 1709 version of Windows 10.

We will keep everyone updated as we hear back from Microsoft Team

Regards

Amitoj Singh

Product Manager , Adobe Technical Communication Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Do you have an update on this issue, or do we still need to move back to 1709 W10?

Thanks for a quick answer. I've been struggling with this for a while.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just tried rolling back with Windows but it didn't work (too late).

How can I work around this? I need to print now. Not in a few days or weeks.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take Matt's advice and try Save As PDF using the CMYK setting instead of RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that too but the quality of output is no good hypes of text is scrambled up together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ds4378894,

When I started this thread it was about equation clipping under CMYK. Well, that issue is resolved when printing to RGB. Under Win10 1803 you can do that with another printer driver, e.g., Microsoft Print to PDF, but then you get a featureless PDF with poor quality graphics. The equations are not clipped.

While I wait for the fix to come from Microsoft, I am using a second machine (actually a VM on a MacBook) that is frozen at Win10 1709.

In my view the equation clipping issue is not a matter of Win 10 1709 or Win 10 1803, but rather printing RGB or CMYK. For what ever reason only the RGB works properly without equation clipping.

Mark Wickert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines