• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame 2019 new install won't launch

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed TCS 2019 yesterday. Captivate, RoboHelp, Acrobat all launch successfully. However, FrameMaker fails to launch and I get a FrameMaker.exe - Application Error message stating "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000013). Click OK to close the application." Has anyone seen this before and found a solution?

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 on an i7 laptop, 16 GB of RAM, 200+ GB of disk space available. I've checked Java to make sure I'm running JRE 8; I am.

I have not removed TCS 2015 and don't want to until I know I can run the new version.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the FrameMaker component of TCS 2019 several times with no success.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the FM folks a buzz at tcssup@adobe.com - it's probably some .NET version of something that's tripping it up. And btw, make sure you do all the updates - there's been a bunch and a fresh install doesn't include them already baked in ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I installed the updates but still no luck. I've contacted tcssup@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: running Windows 7 SP1 on an i7 laptop, 16 GB of RAM, 200+ GB of disk space available.

32- or 64-bit Win7?
And which width of FM/TCS?

I presume that 64-bit FM would, umm, decline to even install on Win7/32, but don't actually know.

Conversely, I suspect that FM/TCS-32 would install on Win7/64, but is there any downside to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

64-bit Win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And 64-bit TCS/FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines