• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Maker Issue

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been working in Frame updating a file for the last week and I was on page 90 out of 174 making changes and when I went to save it I got a dialogue box stating “The file has changed on the disk since you last opened or saved it (I just saved it 10 min prior). Someone else has probably modified the file. Do you want to save it anyway?”. When I click on okay to save it I get another dialogue box stating “An internal error occurred while writing imported graphics in this document. The file has been saved, but has lost some image data. Please report this error to Adobe Technical Support.”  The file will not save, I continually get the above dialogs everytime I try to save it. It saved it as FD7 File type and B50 File type, which neither can I open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're saying that it's created a filename.fd7 and filename.b50, but no .fm file? If there's no source control in play, I would say that the file got locked & couldn't be unlocked when you went to save it. Where are you saving the file? Local c:\ drive or some network location? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had similar errors myself several times since switching to FM2020.

For the first, I went into the folder the file is stored in and deleted the .lck file, which let me save the file without getting the file locked error. I'm still trying to figure out why FM thought it was locked by another user when I'm the only person using the file...

For the second, I don't recall information about graphics files but do recall the message saying there was an issue saving the file. Resaving the file after getting that message has worked but also left the error file types you report. I don't think I've had both issues at once, but that may just be because I deleted the .lck files before trying to resave. 

It's pretty strange. I am wondering if it may have something to do with our files being stored on Box, which is a cloud service. I recently switched my current files to be available on my local hard drive and (so far) it hasn't happened since.

FM has notoriously been twitchy when using network drives rather than local ones, although that has lessened considerably with the increase in LAN speeds. Could be an issue with Internet connectivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've occasionally seen the sort of renaming you describe.

Do you have an autosave or backup file? If so, I'd use that.

If not, I've had success renaming the odd suffix file and reopening.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by a rename. The original file is still there, but there's an extra file with the same name and the weird extension. As I said, just resaving has been sufficient to update the .fm file (so far, at least).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lin - Sometimes the original .fm file is lost in a series of temp files that are never cleaned up - renaming a copy of one of them sometimes recovers your content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something, or misunderstanding (always a possibility). The .fm file is still open in FrameMaker when this happens. I haven't seen anything being lost if I get this message and then resave the open file from within FM.

Next time it happens, I'll try to remember to rename one of those temp files and run a compare to see if there is a content difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's never happened to me, but I've read where permissions went sideways and the machine rebooted & there was no .fm file to be found - just all these odd (normally-deleted) temp files. #reallybadtimes 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YEEP! 😮

Indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines