Highlighted

Frame12 "Internal Error 12044 21794484, 21794778, 24739173"

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This note is an FYI to describe the solution to a Frame12 error I encountered.

On launching Frame12 by double clicking on a .fm file, the response was "Internal Error 12044 21794484, 21794778, 24739173".  A search of the web turned up no information on this error.

After discussion with Adobe Technical support, the conclusion was that there was a corrupted preferences file.  The solution was to delete the following three folders:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\12

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Linguistics

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Linguistics

Deleting these three folders appears to have solved the problem.

These folders are all rebuilt automatically when Frame is launched.  The support person tells me that I lose nothing by deleting them and allowing Frame to rebuild them.

-Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Frame12 "Internal Error 12044 21794484, 21794778, 24739173"

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This note is an FYI to describe the solution to a Frame12 error I encountered.

On launching Frame12 by double clicking on a .fm file, the response was "Internal Error 12044 21794484, 21794778, 24739173".  A search of the web turned up no information on this error.

After discussion with Adobe Technical support, the conclusion was that there was a corrupted preferences file.  The solution was to delete the following three folders:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker\12

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Linguistics

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Linguistics

Deleting these three folders appears to have solved the problem.

These folders are all rebuilt automatically when Frame is launched.  The support person tells me that I lose nothing by deleting them and allowing Frame to rebuild them.

-Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 22, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While deleting the 12 folder works fine, you can also rename it (to something like 12-prev) and it will rebuild on your next launch.

That way if you have workspaces or other customizations you want to recover, you can grab them from the 12-prev directory and move them into your new 12 directory.

To the best of my knowledge, this works with all versions of Fm.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2017 0