• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 10 only displays a white screen now when I open a file.

Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Frame 10 running on Windows 10 Home. I've never had a problem. Just recently, any time I try to open one of my files, it shows nothing but a white screen. If I bring up a dialog, it then shows the text of my document, but as soon as I dismiss the dialog to try to edit the text, the screen goes to all white again. Please advise. I have 10.0.3 patch installed. I've never seen anything like this in all my years of using Framemaker. I'm wondering if a recent operating system automatic patch update is causing the problem with my version of Framemaker now. I have version 1607 of Windows 10 Home, OS Build 14393.693.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and reinstalled FrameMaker and Adobe Acrobat, and it still gives he same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this happen with all files? Even when you try to create a new file?

Did you run any FrameScript or ExtendScript script or plugin?

Is there anything which runs when you start FrameMaker or open a new file?

If this script sets Displaying to FALSE, then you will get your behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines