• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 10 TOC Issue

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made updates to my manual, saved the book and now my TOC displays as red text with lines through the text (like marked changes).  The TOC has duplicated with this red text/lines 8 times (its now 34 pages) and the bottom of the page shows the normal TOC. I can't figure out how to fix this. Can anyone assist?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Well, not knowing if it's enabled on purpose or not, let's play it safe as we test this;

• Save and close all files in the book window
  • In the book window > View > Track Text Edits > Preview Final
  • Update the book

If the feature is on, we should be safe and assume it is enabled on purpose, and you should review each chapter, accepting or rejecting changes. By setting the view to Preview Final, the edits are still being tracked but they should no longer being showing.

I'm about to step back into class, an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Track Text Edits enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found where the Track edits was on however when I turned it off, and updated the book again, the TOC still displays the same with red text and lines through the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you turn it off for one file? For the entire book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in the TOC file when I 'unchecked' it. How do I uncheck it for the entire book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, not knowing if it's enabled on purpose or not, let's play it safe as we test this;

• Save and close all files in the book window
  • In the book window > View > Track Text Edits > Preview Final
  • Update the book

If the feature is on, we should be safe and assume it is enabled on purpose, and you should review each chapter, accepting or rejecting changes. By setting the view to Preview Final, the edits are still being tracked but they should no longer being showing.

I'm about to step back into class, and perhaps someone else can pick up this thread. If the issue isn't Track Text Edits, the next thing I'd explore are the conditional text settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick! Thank you Barb, I appreciate the assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news! Glad you are back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines