• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 11: Blank chapters and chapters start with -1

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FrameMaker 11. This product is owned by my employer. I don't own it and have limited administrator rights on my computer.

My Problem

I am using unstructured FrameMaker to create a book. I am using unstructured FrameMaker because I am unable to generate a table of contents, list of figures, and list of tables in Structured FrameMaker: FrameMaker 2015 no longer generating tables of contents (TOCs) .

Until today I had no problem opening and working on chapter files. Now when I open a chapter file, it is "blank" and the page number and line number show "-1." Then FrameMaker crashes.

I have tried all of the solutions offered in the following Adobe forum. None of them worked.

FrameMaker 11 won't start up

If I change the product interface to Structured FrameMaker, the chapter files open with content shown, and FrameMaker does not crash.

How can I solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Mr. Coatsworth,

Thank you for your response.

TCS Gold Support member "Ajit" solved the problem. Here is his solution:

"Hi Michael,

I would like to inform you that only latest patch (11.0.2) is required and that has already been installed by you. I would suggest you to try to recreate the preferences of Framemaker 11 by performing the below steps and see if that makes any difference-

1. Go to " C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp "
  2. Delete all the files and folders you can.
  3. Rename the folder 11 to 11_ol

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MIF-wash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Coatsworth,

Thank you for your response. I tried the following methods of doing a MIF-wash. Unfortunately, neither method solved the problem.

Can't create PDF using Frame 11

How to get Wash Via Mif to work in FM11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which point version of FM11 are you using? There were two patches for this product. See: Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows for the downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Gubins,

Thank you for your response and the reference. I am using FrameMaker 11, version 11.0.0.380. I see two patches: Adobe FrameMaker 11.0.1 Update and Adobe FrameMaker 11.0.2 Update. Should I install both of them or only the latest patch?

More Information About the Reported Problem

As I previously reported, unstructured FrameMaker documents that I open in (unstructured) FrameMaker are "blank." However, when I click File > Close and am prompted to save the file, the contents in the document appear. Whether I do or don't save the file does not matter. The next time that I open the unstructured document (in unstructured FrameMaker), it is blank (and the page number is -1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both, but one at a time - I can't remember if FM11 started the cumulative updates or if it was still on the incremental plan...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mr. Coatsworth,

Thank you for your response.

TCS Gold Support member "Ajit" solved the problem. Here is his solution:

"Hi Michael,

I would like to inform you that only latest patch (11.0.2) is required and that has already been installed by you. I would suggest you to try to recreate the preferences of Framemaker 11 by performing the below steps and see if that makes any difference-

1. Go to " C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp "
  2. Delete all the files and folders you can.
  3. Rename the folder 11 to 11_old in C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker.
  4. Then Rename folder "Linguistics" to "Linguistics_old" in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe .
  5. Rename folder "Linguistics" to "Linguistics_old" in C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe .
  6. Re-launch Framemaker and check if that works.

Regards,
Ajit"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines