• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 11 hangs during Save To PDF or print to PDF

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have two Win 7 workstations running Framemaker 11 and Acrobat Standard XI.  Both have worked fine until recently, one has begun hanging when we Save To PDF or print to PDF.  Our documents are tech manuals and typically run 30-80 pages, including photos, drawings and text.  All manuals are affected.  The same manuals produce PDFs as expected on the other workstation.  If I make a one page, one word FM document, it does not hang when producing a PDF.  When I output to PDF from MS Word or Excel, it works fine.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Framemaker and Adobe Acrobat.  I re-installed Framemaker without the PDF add-in.  This workstation has a new hard drive and 32GB of new RAM.  Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try printing to a .ps file instead of to PDF and then run Distiller manually. [You can also set Distiller to monitor a Watched Folder, which will automatically start generating the PDF when the .ps file arrives.] If this works, then something is messed up with the Distiller component configuration [possibly the Port configuration].

If you installed FM with the PDF plug-in at any time and already Acrobat installed, the the plug-in stomped on Distiller and overwrote with its own limited modules. You should be certain that the Acrobat installation has been completely removed before trying to re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Arnis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines