• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 11 to PDF - Page numbers not printing in certain chapters

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When converting my FrameMaker 11 book into a PDF, the page numbers in certain chapters will not print on the  PDF. The page numbers are visible in the all of the chapters of Framemaker files/book.

Does anyone know why this is occurring? How do we fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the page sizes identical in all chapters, i.e. they might be clipped if the first file has a smaller page size, as FM uses this to determine the overall page size for the output?

Alternatively, what font is being used for the page numbers? Are you creating the PDF using the RGB or CMYK option? With the CMYK option, some fonts (OTF Pro or TT WGL ones are usual suspects) do not always render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnis,

Thanks for the tip. I have resolved the issue by reducing the font size of my footer. Apparently there was no enough space for the page numbers to print in certain sections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: I have resolved the issue by reducing the font size of my footer. Apparently there was no enough space for the page numbers to print in certain sections.

In addition to the header or footer content vanishing in these situations (usually being entirely flowed to the next line out of frame), I've also seen page numbers get clipped. If your page numbers roll over from 99 to 10, and stay at 10 for ten pages, then roll to 11 for ten, etc., this is what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines