• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 12 (and RoboHelp 2015) Responsive html5 styling

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently looking into styling FM 12 Responsive HTML output and perhaps there are some minor release mismatches between FM12 and RH-2015?

I can import a style <name>.slz (generated in RH-2105) just fine, but there are some hickups in the generated html using FM > Publish.

Like browser not loading content due to syntax errors. Oops.

Q: Should I expect a screen-layout style (.slz) from RM-2015 to work when used with FM12?  I tested this with the "Azure_Blue" .slz example distributed with RH2015.

I notice that the online www gallery of style examples you land on (both for FM and RH) if you click the "Check for new screen layouts" is the same for both products,

i.e. -> RoboHelp screen profiles and layouts‌ - So I assume Adobe intends for them to be inter-changeable?

Looking at the FM publish settings-file (.sts) it seems this file is a ZIP and inside this archive there's your .slz file which also is a ZIP containing

the css layouts etc, but it's not really documented as far as I can see.

Q: If I need to style the Responsive HTML output more than the (quite good, I have to say!) FM-12 output editor allows: what's the recommended/best

way to proceed? Sure we could unwrap the sts > slz > css files and do a late nighter but that looks hackish doesn't it? Perhaps there's no way around it?

Any advice?

BR, Bjørn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bjørn,

1. FM 12 release is parallel to RH 11 release. You can use RH 11 exported .slz layouts in FM12.

To use RH2015 layouts , you will need FM2015.

FM2015 release is parallel to RH2015 release.

Hope that clears the confusion.

2. In FM2015, you can export the .slz layout from Responsive Settings page and then unpack the .slz and edit the css files and then pack the .slz and import it

back to the Responsive Output. You can also use RH2015 to export the .slz layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, not what I hoped for, but makes sense. Thanks for the reply Ritkumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines