• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 12 won't start

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long time Framemaker user (v 12). As of 3 pm Friday 8/5, FM won't start under windows 10. It shows up in the task manager but not on screen and it can't be used. This came after a simple reboot of the computer, that I do every day. I used it all day up until 3 pm with no problems. What could be wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?What happens if you try running it as an admin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing - Framemaker doesn't show up on screen but does show up in the task list. No warning or error message. I ended up un/reinstalling framemaker and after 2-3 tries whatever was broken is now fixed. The timing of all this was a bit scary because of a project deadline, but all's well for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has now happened again, after a Dell BIOS update. After many uninstall/installs, the FM just won't start. Again, there's a tag in the task manager but no activity and no screen presence. Other Adobe applications work (Acrobat, Reader). Just not FM.  I'm getting desperate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines