Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 15 Publisher Woes - ignores HTML5 layout settings

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellows,

I've imported an SLZ file through the FM Publisher HTML5 Settings dialog and I set the following to False:

Show Index

Show Glossary

Show Filter

Show Search Results in...

When I compile the HTML5, the layout still includes all these elements. I can't figure out why the layout settings are ignored by the publisher. Any ideas?

I did the same in Robohelp, and the settings are treated as expected. I guess there is some nasty bug in the publisher.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***Update: I have FM ver. 13.05. It appears that in an earlier version of FM 15 (ver. 13.0.1), it does work. So the conclusion is that the latest version of FM 15 is buggy! As usually, not surprising...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fm 13.0.5 was released in October of 2016, so you might want to download the trial of Fm 2017 (14.0.3) to see if the issue has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response!

It will definitely be interesting to see if this issue was addressed in FM17.

However, even if it was, upgrading to v.17 is not an option. I don't understand how this bug went unnoticed. It's just the matter of basic QA...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines