• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 16 hangs at "Filters" during startup and crashes (when logged on with my domain account)

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker does not crash under a different account (on the same machine). I've replaced the contents of [crashing]User\AppData\Roaming with that of the working user's AppData and deleted the AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Linguistics folder. No success.

The log file provides no clues: 2021-02-23 13::49::18 [INFO]: LingoLanguageInit, 483 ::Setting Frame Language to USEnglish

RoboHelp 2020 opens

Any assistance is appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fastest way is to contact FM support - See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your support contact options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @synnott 

Kindly mail them to us on fmerror-reports@adobe.com  , if possible attach logs present at(%appdata%\Adobe\FrameMaker\16),
Someone will help you quickly in this regard 

Thanks 
Pulkit Nagpal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Pulkit, but it appears I just solved the problem. On a hunch, I stopped Malwarebytes, my antimalware, launched Frame 2020, and it opened! I then closed FrameMaker, verified that Malwarebytes is still running, and successfully relaunched it. I'm good.

Regard,

@synnott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Russ, but it appears I just solved the problem. On a hunch, I stopped Malwarebytes, my antimalware, launched Frame 2020, and it opened! I then closed FrameMaker, verified that Malwarebytes is still running, and successfully relaunched it. So, I'm good.

Regard,

@synnott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines