• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 17 crashes when printing book PDF with certain AI graphics

Participant ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a book with a couple hundred graphics in AI files and I'm trying to wrap it up and get the PDF generated for printing.

All the graphics display just fine in FM, but when I try to book print the PDF the system will freeze on certain files which contain photos.

This AI file will print just fine:

Nopictures.PNG

This one, however, will crash Framemaker/distiller:

pictures.PNG

It just freezes here:

crash.PNG

I have to close FM in windows and then delete all the lck files just to get it to function again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Is the FrameMaker crashing or printing gets stuck as shown in above snapshot? If it is crashing can you please log a bug with adobe tracker Tracker  with source file as attachment or some sample file.

also please share the bug number here as well.

thanks,

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it "gets stuck" indefinitely.  I let it sit for probably 1/2 an hour on a four page document that took about 30 seconds to print with the non-photo containing document.  I have to force close Framemaker to do anything further.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Can you please log a bug for same via Adobe tracker and share the bug details. Please also attach a sample file in the bug.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, what's the reason for creating AI for what appears to be a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually a fake screenshot made by my illustrator 🙂  I guess he did a pretty good job!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

How did you get the AI file into FM?

Note, if you directly imported the AI file without first saving as a PDF or EPS from Ilustrator, then FM is running the file through the PDF import routine. An AI file looks like a PDF, but it contain a lot more specific info than a PDF, which may be tripping up FM when trying to put the converted EPS equivalent (FM's PDF import converts internally to an EPS on the fly) back out, especially when there are a lot of raster graphics.

Try EPS (or PDF) from Illy to see if it behaves any better. It adds an extra step to the workflow, but you might at least get your book out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines