Highlighted

FrameMaker 17 TOC is Auto-generating an Extra Chapter

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TOC in FrameMaker 17 is auto-generating an extra blank first chapter. It regenerates even after I delete it. What setting do I need to change to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FrameMaker 17 TOC is Auto-generating an Extra Chapter

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The TOC in FrameMaker 17 is auto-generating an extra blank first chapter. It regenerates even after I delete it. What setting do I need to change to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 29, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel:

In the TOC, hover over "Capitulo 1" and Ctrl Alt Click to follow the hyperlink to the source file. You have an empty ¶ with the tag being called into the TOC. Delete it, or if you have to have it, tag it as Body, or another paragraph tag that isn't called into the TOC.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It brought me to the Title page but I don't know what on the Title page is causing the issue. I can't delete anything from there so I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. How to I tag the entire Title page as a body?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 0
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with View > Text Symbols so that you can see the ¶s. Then click on each line and work your way down to see which one has the wrong paragraph tag. You can see the tag name applied in the status bar (lower left of your screen, above the Windows start menu) or it will be bold in the Paragraph catalog.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through all and each ¶ Symbol reads as Body but it's still having the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! There was a "Chapter Name" hiding all the way in the footer. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 1
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome, Rachel. Glad I could help.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 0