Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2015 and 2019, same scripts do not work

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!

We have several FM2015 (including a FMserver) and one FM2019 installations. Our publishing script does not work with the FM2019 and I do not understand why it fails.

The error message is the following:

XSLT Processor Messages
Error reported by XML parser processing
FWK005 parse may not be called while parsing.
Internal error evaluating template rule

I checked the relevant configurations files, i.e., maker.ini, structapps.fm, and ditafm-output.ini.

Our JSX invokes a rather big XSLT template (600lines) to perform the publication and according to the console, the problem lies around that xslt operation. So I changed the original processor path in the maker.ini to a path from a saxon processor which I downloaded separately (same version: saxon9he.jar).

Then the console output gives me this (only with FM2019, FM2015 works with both saxon paths):

XSLT Processor Messages

Failed to initialize: javax.xml transform.TransformerFactory

What could be the difference between FM2015 and FM2019 that makes our script fail?

Best Regards,

Fabian

TOPICS
Error , Publishing , Scripting , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Actually, check your FrameMaker installation. I just checked my latest 2019 install and it has this as the alternate Saxon processor: SaxonHE9-7-0-20J.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fabian,

I had this exact problem with a client project when they switched from 2015 to 2019. The solution was to add this to the [XSLTProcessors] section of the user's maker.ini:

SAXON=fminit\XSLT\XSLTProcessors\saxon\saxonhe9-3-0-5j\saxon9he.jar, net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl, Default

I commented out the reference to the other SAXON entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, check your FrameMaker installation. I just checked my latest 2019 install and it has this as the alternate Saxon processor: SaxonHE9-7-0-20J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines