• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2015 and SharePoint 2013 document libraries

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to centralize the location of our content, but I have not had success uploading FrameMaker book files to our SharePoint libraries either using SharePoint itself or the connector in FrameMaker.

• If I upload the book file and its dependent files in the SharePoint interface, I can find no way to actually associate the individual files with the book file.
  • When I upload the book file using the connector, the individual files are associated with the book file, but I cannot add properties (metadata) to the individual files or check them in to the SharePoint repository. I can perform these tasks with the book file, but checking in the book file does not check in the individual files.

Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, how did you solve it?

Thanks

TOPICS
CMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a "sometimes it works" feature for me, so I'm really confused by the way SP and FM interact. I'd love to know the "right" way to make it work every time. I also can't get all the files when I check out a book, which is a really big problem. It's two years since this was posted, so does anyone have an answer for this? Do we need special APIs to make it work as advertised?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW, I'm using FM 19 and Office 365.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines