• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2015 Crash and no FM version works anymore

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company has just updated FrameMaker from version 12 to 2015. I installed the new software but it doesn't recognize the licence.

We spoke with Adobe support: they spoke about a bug and they are working on it. In the meantime we can use the 30 days trial version.

OK, better than nothing.

Start the the trial version: it crashes!

-------------

Internal Error 12044, 24415924, 24416218, 27360613. FrameMaker has detected a serious problem and must quit.

----------

Well... lets work on version 12. Now it crashes in the same way!

The same even FrameMaker 11...

Panic!

Any suggestion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for replying back.

My colleague contacted you and FrameMaker crash issue is resolved now. FrameMaker was only crashing in structured mode. Unstructured mode was working fine. After repairing .Net Framework and deleting "Temp flies (around 60 GB)" issue was resolved.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlo,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

As such there is no such issue licensing issue currently going on with Adobe FrameMaker 2015. We will contact you via email and assist you with Framemaker activation.

Also as per the description above it seems that FM 11, FM 12 and FM 2015 all are crashing at your end. Can you tell me exactly when they crash? Is it crashing immediately after launching Framemaker?

Can you check the default printer set at your end? If it some network printer, then please try to change it to "Adobe PDF" and see if FrameMaker still crashes on the launch.

To change the default printer:

Go to Control Panel >> Devices and Printers.

Select Adobe PDF

Right-Click >> "set as default printer".

Launch FrameMaker again and see if it still crashes.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mayank!

Yes, FM crashes immediately after launch, just the time to see the grey FM's window, then the error message appear and I can only say "OK" then FM closes.

I checked the printer, it's "Adobe pdf" (I always use it as default printer, since another FM error some years ago).

I also tried to deinstall FM2015, but the problem on other FM version, remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for replying back.

My colleague contacted you and FrameMaker crash issue is resolved now. FrameMaker was only crashing in structured mode. Unstructured mode was working fine. After repairing .Net Framework and deleting "Temp flies (around 60 GB)" issue was resolved.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed!

Thanks very much: now all my framemakers work!

Even our licence issue is resolved!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines