• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2015 crashes when saving a book

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two certain books that worked fine in FM12 now crash when I try to save. Is this a known issue, do you have any suggestion?

Otherwise I'll just have to strip it down piece by piece to see what causes the crash.

Note: The documents within the book work fine, it is only the books themselves that crash.

Robert

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the so-called MIF wash? You save the offending file as MIF, then open it again and save as binary.  That can sometimes strip out some troublesome sequence of characters.  I've never seen just a book cause a crash, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strange, when I do this and save as binary again, the resulting binary is locked and cannot be edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines