FrameMaker 2015 Mini TOC not Updating

New Here ,
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using unstructured FrameMaker 2015.  Some of the documents in the book I'm working with contain Mini TOCs.  The Mini TOC in one document is not updating when I add or delete sections in the document.  The sections changes update accurately in the Main TOC.  In the Update Book dialog box, the Mini TOC check box is selected.  Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you right-click it in the file, and choose Update Mini-TOC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb,

I saw that recommended in another question on this forum.  When I right-click in the Mini TOC in that or other documents, the Update Mini-TOC command is not listed on the shortcut menu.

Matt,

All alerts are set by default.  I can update the book without errors.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were me, the next stop would be to look for a mistake. You might compare the reference pages of this doc to one that is working. Or, just remove the whole thing and replace it. You can import the mini-toc reference page from a working file, as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, in my file yesterday, the ref page was missing the para containing the ObjectID info. Unfortunately, replacing that line didn't resolve issue, nor did deleting and recreating MTOC and/or MTOC ref page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have missing resources in the file with the offending MTOC?

In other words, with your Alert preferences set to show all possible messages, are you able to open the file without issues?

What about updating the book file? Are you able to update without any Book Error logs?

FWIW, Fm 2017 updates TOCs automatically when saving and when printing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thought...

When working with an MTOC yesterday I had trouble getting consistent behavior...

Because the file has traveled through many versions of Fm during the years, I copied the content to a new Fm doc for testing, and had success. Perhaps a MIF wash, or transfer of your content to a new Fm doc might be the solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines