• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2015 PDF Job Options disappeared after I generated a .pdf file. What happened?

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generated a .pdf file from my FrameMaker 2015 Book file this morning, then updated a couple of master pages in one of the book's FrameMaker .fm files. When I tried to regenerate a new .pdf file, FrameMaker sent back the following error message:

"The selected PDF Job Option does not exist in the current installation. Either create this Job Option or select an available Job Option. Continue? (OK/Cancel)"

All PDF Job Options were functioning normally as of last evening, but now I cannot even select the single "Press Quality" option that appears in the PDF Job Options menu (PDF Setup for Selected Files > Settings Tab). I tried cold-booting my Windows 7 system (which was updated first thing this morning for Microsoft's compulsory Windows 7 updates) and relaunching FrameMaker, but no avail. Any guesses? Suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The joboptions files are usually located in the following folders:

Acrobat default joboptions: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings

User custom joboptions: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings

You could use a system search tool to look for any *.joboptions file to see if they have been moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis, thank you for the suggestion - all of the .joboptions files appear under Acrobat DC Settings on my C: drive. I doubt any were moved, but I'll check with our IT staff to see what we may need to try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if there have been any permission changes on the locations. They may be there, but your account may not be allowed to access them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Arnis - I've forwarded your suggestion to our IT staff. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines