• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2015 Windows 7 Crashes when Saving as PDF

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running FrameMaker 2015 version 13.0.2.433 on a Windows 7 Professional Edition computer

Since this has been installed I have a user that cannot save the .book file as a PDF.  When it tries to create the PDF I get the following error:

'Internal Error 13024, 24462314, 27588801, Framemaker has detected a serious problem and must quit.'

Initially I had issues with installation.  After performing an uninstall and reinstall, on two separate machines, I still receive the same error.  I have also not been able to find any help with the error codes listed above.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The internal errors are for the Adobe engineers only - no information has ever been available about those.

Can you print to a postscript file and distill without getting any errors?

Did you have a copy of Acrobat installed prior to installing FM? Did you select to NOT install the PDFCreator [headless version of Distiller] option in that case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What it looks like is happening is that the user created a book with the trial version of FrameMaker 2015 but also used files from a licensed version of FrameMaker 12..  When the trial ran out, the license was obtained for 2015.  Since then, the software crashes when converting to PDF.  I tried opening each document that was created in FrameMaker 12 and saving as a 2015 document.  It says that it converts the file, but it doesn't.  The icon is still the FrameMaker 12 icon and I get the same result. 

I have performed a work around of sorts on a VM.  FrameMaker 2015 seems to work correctly on the VM, but I still have the issue of the FrameMaker12 pieces of the book not converting.  Support is saying it is a potential Font issue.  If the FM12 files are removed from the book, the book will PDF successfully. 

So my solution at this point, since this document has to be out tomorrow, is to recreate a couple of the documents and then pdf them all. 

Has anyone else had any of these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Scott,

From what you wrote it sounds as if some of your files are not opened and saved correctly. These are still in FM 12 format.

Possibly because you only update the book, and these files have issues like missing fonts so that they cannot be opened.

I would do a MIF wash for all files. That is: open the file, save as MIF. Open the MIF, save as FM. Open the FM and continue working with it.

There are various scripts out there to automate this, e.g. ExtendScript scripts, or FrameScript scripts or Mif2Go.

Then the files are definitely in FM 2015 format.

When you open a FrameMaker file with a text editor, then the first line displays the FrameMaker version.

You should check this as well.

The icon in your file system shows which exe will open files with this extension.

If it still shows a FM 12 icon, then I would check that. Right click on a FrameMaker file and select Open with. Then check the default application.

Sometimes Windows still shows an icon, although another application will be used.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines