I have Windows 7, and have been using FrameMaker 2015 as part of the Technical Communication Suite. It is the only application in the suite that I have installed. Suddenly, it will no longer launch and give a message "Unexpectedly Quit".
I tried reinstally. No luck.
Then I tried uninstalling before reinstalling. No luck.
Then I tried uninstalling, reinstalling and restarting. Now the program starts okay.
But after I downloaded and installed the update for 2015, FrameMaker again stopped working.
After another uninstall/reinstall, it is working, but without the update.
Is there a fix for this so that I can run it with the update installed?
If this just started happening suddenly, did your IT start blocking applications? Ours started using Bit9 & now we get honked at when trying to run applications until they get approved...
I am having the same issue with both FrameMaker and Robohelp 2017. Same procedure, uninstalled, installed, it worked, updated (update 2 each), it did not work anymore.
I am working with Windows 10 Pro.
I have also experienced this issue with FM2017 - it will just stop launching and you have to uninstall and re-install, then go through all of the updates. But even after doing this, it stops launching after a period of time.
Contact Adobe Support - something must be at play here because others haven't reported it.
I talked to Adobe Support in Switzerland, and they recommended this (translated from German, so the terms might differ in English):
A) Deinstall TCS from your system.
B) Create a new, unused, and administrative user account. Under Windows 10 proceed like this:
1. Select "Accounts" in the system settings.
2. Click "Familiy and other contacts" and select "Add another person to this PC".
3. In the next window, click "I don't know the login information for this person" and then on "Add user without microsoft account".
4. Type in a user name and a password, then click "Next".
5. Select the new user and click "Change type of account".
6. Change from "standard user" to "administrator" and click "OK".
C) Install TCS again on this user account.
This actually worked for me – how long remains to be seen.
Update to the above post:
Unfortunately, when I started TCS for the first time again (after 2 weeks), the same problem occured. Something seems to screw up the licensing.
Must be something happening in your environment that's causing this - I'd contact Adobe Support again.