Highlighted

FrameMaker 2015

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what was suggested here. I added a TOC Master page. I tried to run the TOC again and got the exact same Book Error Report: No master page applied because one or more master pages do not exist. I must be missing something but I cannot figure out what it is. I went back and checked in a previous book to see if there were Master pages for TOC, LOF, and LOT. There were no Master pages for any of these documents.

I know I must be missing something but cannot figure out what it is. Please help if you can. Thanks

When I try to create a TOC, LOF, & LOT for my book, the dialog says that it cannot complete because one or more master pages do not exist. I know they exist cause I assigned them to documents within the book. And they are visible when I view them. What's going on?

Average User Rating: No ratings (0 ratings)
Average User RatingNo ratings(0 ratings)

• 1. Re: Framemaker 2015
    Arnis GubinsACP/MVPsIn the generated files, FM is looking for specific Master pages (named TOC, LOT, LOR respectively). If these don't exist in those files, then FM won't be able to generate the files. You might want to try removing them from your book file and start over. You can import any custom formatting from the old ones into the ones once created.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FrameMaker 2015

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what was suggested here. I added a TOC Master page. I tried to run the TOC again and got the exact same Book Error Report: No master page applied because one or more master pages do not exist. I must be missing something but I cannot figure out what it is. I went back and checked in a previous book to see if there were Master pages for TOC, LOF, and LOT. There were no Master pages for any of these documents.

I know I must be missing something but cannot figure out what it is. Please help if you can. Thanks

When I try to create a TOC, LOF, & LOT for my book, the dialog says that it cannot complete because one or more master pages do not exist. I know they exist cause I assigned them to documents within the book. And they are visible when I view them. What's going on?

Average User Rating: No ratings (0 ratings)
Average User RatingNo ratings(0 ratings)

• 1. Re: Framemaker 2015
    Arnis GubinsACP/MVPsIn the generated files, FM is looking for specific Master pages (named TOC, LOT, LOR respectively). If these don't exist in those files, then FM won't be able to generate the files. You might want to try removing them from your book file and start over. You can import any custom formatting from the old ones into the ones once created.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2015 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be letting FM automatically create the correct master page - don't do anything else with it. Delete the existing TOC (and the LOR, LOT files too) from the book and then either rename or remove them from the folder containing the book file. Then from the book file add the TOC to you book (selecting the appropriate paratags) and update the book.

If that worked, then add new LOT and LOR files and format these generated files as required.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I am really tired.

Never mind. It was something I wasn’t doing. It is fixed now.

Thanks for your help.

Al Hood

Technical Writer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2015 0